Sunday, July 22, 2012

ABC Infant Toys

Sewing has become my new passion. This next project will take awhile to finish; however, it is easy to put down and come back to in between projects since you feel accomplished after completing one letter.

Since I wanted the toys to be the same size, I made a stencil on Word, and used Word Art. It was nice because I could choose my own font, and modify the size as needed.

Then, I had to cut out the stencils, which took quite a while, but well worth it!

Next, I pinned the stencils onto two pieces fabric right sides facing out.

I traced the stencil, then cut about a half inch outside the tracing.

After that, I took out the pins and stencil, and re-pinned just the fabric, and sewed on the tracing on the stencil leaving a small piece of the two fabrics open, so I could stuff the letter.

Once the stuffing was in, I could close up the letter.


After the letter was completely sewn I could trim the excess fabric.

After completing the letter A, I moved to B, then C! I am currently finished with F, and hope to do all the letters before I pop!



No comments:

Post a Comment