Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sling

After many attempts at crafting with the hot glue gun, it was time to focus on my sewing projects. I started with the project that needed to get done first, since I will use it frequently with my little girl - the sling.

First and for most I used the McCall's pattern for the sling. I will not give everything away here, since I'm sure McCall's will prefer that not give away their pattern. But, I will show you pictures of the sling, and some of the steps I took.

First I used 1 3/4 yards of fabric, and pinned the pattern, and cut it out twice (so don't put the pattern in the middle of the fabric like I did the first time, and had to subsequently buy more fabric).
Chloe seriously loves to help with my projects. What a silly puppy!



Once everything was cut out, I put the wrong sides out and sewed the sides, except for one small section, so I could flip it to the right side when you are done sewing.

Then I sewed together the rounded edges as well. Then flipped the fabric around.

Once the fabric was flipped around, I slip stitched the rounded edges together to make the sling complete.



Finally, my sling was complete!! Now I just need my baby girl to arrive, so I can use it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment