Saturday, July 14, 2012

Curtains

After the sling project, I knew I needed to hone in my sewing skills. Basically, I became addicted to sewing. My sister is coming to be the live-in nanny when my baby girl is here, and she is living in the loft. Our loft has a big hole in it - that is supposed to be a window to the living room. However, I don't think she wants to be changing up stairs if others are downstairs! So, I needed to make the room curtains.

First I measured the size of the window, which was 48 inches tall and 8 feet long. The fabric I bought was 44 inches long, so I needed to do three blocks of curtains instead of two. I cut the fabric to be ten inches longer than I needed.

Then I cut the plain navy blue which would be the back of the curtains.

Once that I was completed, I took the first block of blue and floral print, and ironed the left side 1/2 an inch, and pinned it. Then I ironed the hem of the top 1/2 an inch, and then folded the hem over 3 inches, ironed it, and pinned in. Once the pinning and ironing was done, I sewed the two sides.
Then you cut the excess fabric on the other sides, and repeat the last step again on the other side.

After creating 3 pieces, the final project looked like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment