Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pizza to Drool Over

Recently, I have found out that I am allergic to gluten. Since my daughter was born I break out in hives whenever I eat gluten. It is just nuts!

One of the things I missed the most was pizza. I am an avid crossfitter, and giving up gluten, meant I was closer to being paleo. But, I cannot seem to give up dairy. I cannot get used to coconut or almond milk. You could easily make this recipe paleo if you substitute the cheese. I just love cheese so much!

Ingredients:
Coconut oil
3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
Small spoonful of minced garlic
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking soda
Sprinkle of garlic powder

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Spread coconut oil on the wax paper.
In a bowl combine, eggs, coconut milk, and garlic, whisk until the ingredients are combined.
Add coconut flour, baking soda, and garlic powder to the bowl.
Whisk until the ingredients are combined.
Spread the, soon to be, crust unto the wax paper.
Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
During this time, prepare another cookie sheet with wax paper and coconuts oil.
When it comes out of the oven, let it cool, the, flip the crust onto the new wax paper.
Peel the old wax paper off the crust.
Add whatever ingredients you want onto the crust!
Then broil on low for 10 minutes.
Your pizza will then be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment