Sunday, March 10, 2013

9 months to gain it, 9 months to lose it!

The first week of January 2012, I found out I was pregnant. I was overjoyed! I definitely let myself go! I did continue to workout, but I ate whatever I wanted! I loved ice cream a lot. I gained 47 pounds at week 40, and I went till 41 weeks- so I know I gained more. Not the most I have heard of, but still quite a lot. I should preface- I am a working, breast feeding, loving mom, and have still been able to lose the weight! There are a few steps I have taken to help me lose the weight!

2 weeks after labor, I had only lost 15 pounds, which was not a lot! That is when I started paying attention to what I ate. I was breast feeding (and still am), so I had to be cautious of under eating. Before the six week mark I counted calories to make sure I was eating enough, and still able to lose weight. Especially since I couldn't work out.

At six weeks I forced myself back to my crossfit gym. It was tough! After having a baby, you just want to sleep. Also, the first workout back was all running - seriously! But I set my mind to it, and went back! Now, my daughter is incredible the gym because she is used to the routine! I am so thankful I went back when I did.

Starting in January, my husband and I started a goal with each other, to make our weeks meals on Sunday. It has truly saved us so much money, and our waist line! We do not go out and get fast food meals when we are exhausted. It has saved us time as well, we are much more free to cuddle and spend time with our daughter during the week. I could also stop calorie counting because I knew I was eating healthy!

These three simple things have helped so much! I have 7 more pounds to lose, and more than three months left to lose it! I do not have a personal trainer, or a cook. It is just hard work! I know the things I have learned and continue to do will teach my daughter a healthy active lifestyle!









Update: I am now three pounds away from my goal, with less than 2 months left! Here are a few updated pictures from the Schmall's Work out - dedicated to a hero who lost his life in Afghanistan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment