Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Homemade Chili

My husband and I made a New Year's Resolution, and it was to cook all our meals on Sunday's rather than throughout the week, when we are tired and exhausted. It has been a huge success!

This week I made my chili.

What you need:
1 16 oz can of kidney beans
1 16 oz can of black beans
1 16 oz can of turkey chili mix
1 20 oz can of tomato sauce
1 4 oz can of tomato paste
1 package of ground turkey or ground beef
1 package of chili seasoning

Brown the turkey or beef, then add 1/2 the chili seasoning.
Drain the kidney beans and black beans of the extra juice, then pour them into the crock pot along with the turkey chili, sauce and tomato paste. Add the browned meat, and pour the other half of the chili seasoning into the crock pot. Stir the yummy goodness.

Cook for ~4-6 hours on low. Then consume! I will usually add cheese after it has been cooked. It is also delicious with corn bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment