Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 18

Yesterday I competed in my first crossfit competition. My husband came up with my daughter before the first WOD. I know there have been many article bashing crossfit, and I am the first one to say, find a fitness that works for you. (Just don't sit around!!) Crossfit happens to work for me. But, here's a reason why I stick to crossfit, that is different from the fitness aspect.

Many people talk about the community, the group feeling, the hard work outs that push their fitness. However, I stick with it to set an example for my daughter that strong is the new sexy! So many other gyms (not all) are focused on skinny, toned, lean. I am focused on the weight I will be lifting, and since joining crossfit I worry about looking in the mirror less. If I can teach my daughter that body image isn't everything, I will be so happy.

At the competition my favorite part of the day was between events and the time I got to spend with my daughter. We went to the grassy area, and I was tired, so I laid down. Natalie came up to me and body slammed me, which is something reserved for daddy. It was so cute. I reacted, and she did it over and over again. Then I sat up, and she gave me a kiss. My friend snapped a pic during the body slams! 




No comments:

Post a Comment