Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15

Trader Joe's is the best grocery store ever. At least to an exhausted momma and a terror of a toddler. As moms know, not every experience is lovely an pleasant, today was one of those days! 

Let me start with the lesson I learned: go to the fruit aisle LAST (or what ever food your child loves). 

We got our fruits and veggies first, as I am sure you know was my downfall. As shopping went on all my daughter wanted was strawberries. I figured a few couldn't hurt. About half way through the list a few had turned into about 6. So, I decided to switch to blueberries. I gave her a few and then set it in the top part of the cart, not fully closed. She reached for the blueberries, and they flew onto the floor!! Luckily, half we salvageable. And, a customer helped me pick them up. (Seriously best customer award to Trader Joe's too). We threw away the ones on the ground, and I put the half full blueberries in the cart (closed this time). Then a Trader Joe's worker came by and said that t was fine and that I could get a new packet. I politely told her it was fine since my daughter had eaten some, and was eating a few at that very moment! She said it was perfectly fine, and that they would donate the part that was fine. I said ok, and thank you. We got new blueberries. 

I continued to finish shopping, while Natalie munched on strawberries (the only way to keep her still). She ate almost the entire pack!!! We had to get a second pack. 

At least she chooses good, healthy food to eat. But, I definitely learned my lesson. Fruit aisle LAST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment