Sunday, August 26, 2012

Integrity

Like I said before, my first year teaching, my friend taught me so much! Here is another project she does, that I "borrowed."

Integrity is when you match your values with your behaviors. In order to get my students to understand what they valued, I had them think about what they cared about. I had them trace their hands, and write on their traced hands, what they valued. We cut out our hands and put them to the side.

Then I talked to them about what they do to show their values love, meaning what actions do we take to show what we value. They traced their other hand, and wrote their actions on the other hand. Then we glued the hands to match up the values with their actions.

It was fun to see the students think about what they valued, and how they show they cared for it. Now, our values match our behaviors.

No comments:

Post a Comment